Thursday, April 24, 2014

Passionate Baking



The nice thing about having a passionate baker in the family is that we all get to taste the creations. The above cake was created using a new cake tin system that my eldest DD recently purchased. I still can't fathom how it all works, but that is okay as I am just a taste tester. Nothing better than a nice cup of home made coffee (via machine that is) and a piece of cake. 
Some awful news has been the lack of a good coffee machine since mine started to act up and was relegated to the depths of the pantry. My DD loaned me hers for a day so I could see if hers was good enough as a  replacement model. The verdict was yes. 
The Bloke made me a lovely coffee from her machine and the decision was made to buy one pronto. 
Of course it wasn't easy in our case. Tried to track one down and after two days and a few phone calls managed to order one online. All sweet I thought until I got an email telling me the machine was out of stock and they will let me know when it is going to arrive. :(
Oh so not very happy. I need a coffee every morning in order to start my day.
Now don't be thinking I have a serious addiction that I must break now. I won't do it!
One cup of coffee per day (alright sometimes two) is not going to make of break me.
However I am happy to report that I have managed to stop drinking the dreadfully harmful diet coke, after a very long time, so I am patting myself on the back and smiling with smugness. Coffee was always so much better.
Do you drink coffee and if so how do you like it?





1 comment: