Thursday, November 3, 2011

This day 27 years ago...

 
Blink.of.life

In St Mathews Church
Boulder
On the 3rd November, 1984

The Bloke and I were hitched
and today we have been
married
for 27 years.




Apologies for the blurry photos, we had to take a picture of a picture, as we don't have any loose copies. 



So young and ready to take on the future together. I was a youngish bride of 20, and the bloke 5 years older. Not as young as my mother though who was married at just 17.
But if your expecting a dialogue filled with what I have learned through the years about what makes a successful marriage, sorry no can do. Why? Because I don't know.
I fear that when we are very old and wrinkly some television reporter might ask us the secret to a long and happy marriage. I don't think I will know by then either.
It's just a matter of placing one foot in front of the other. Oh and maybe humour, yeah you need a good sense of humour, otherwise don't even try it.


3 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! And yes, I don't imagine there are any secrets - just moving forward, and taking the time to stop and smell the roses x

    ReplyDelete
  2. *~*~*~*~*Happy Anniversary!~*~*~*~*~*

    Here's to another 27!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary Jan. Yep I agree , one foot in front of the other each day and a great deal of perseverance. Being mates is always the secret too.

    ReplyDelete