Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Nest




Hi Folks. Well I don't know why the page looks like this but I sent a picture from Picasa straight to the blog, instead of using my usual system and this is what I got. Not bad but it would not allow me to write where I wanted to. Never mind though as long as it allows me to publish the post.
The reason for including the above picture is because I am becoming more brave and less concerned about what others think of me. And when I say others I don't mean any of my regular followers or readers.
I'm referring to those people who take it upon themselves to judge and make comments, intent on causing upset. These people are everywhere and whilst I am stealing myself for my upcoming trip to the city and my medical appointments, and the inevitable queries, comments, negativity and plain hatred.
I am going out into the public in a wheelchair and it is the first time that I have been into places for many, many years.

The above photo is me sitting on my large, comfortable sofa that is
my nest from the time I awake until it's time to go to bed. "My Nest". I liken it a bit to Big Birds'nest in Sesame Street. This is where I use the laptop and do my sewing and quilting (note: quilt over arm of chair). I even eat here. It's just so easy as it is the most comfortable chair in the home.
That window is great for looking out off. From there I can see the lovely hanging pot plants, and the little tiny birds that visit looking for small insects and bugs. I love it when they start sing, it is a real privilege that.
I tell myself nearly every day that I will go out and sit on the patio in the sun for a while, but each closes with me not making the trip.
Well folks that state of dissconnection may change soon so stay tuned to this space.
What is everyone up to this Christmas?

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Oh Jan I just want to give you a big hug after reading your post.

    I can't wait to hear about the potential of change for you and will be cheering you on all the way from Brissy!

    Hoping that lot's of lovely sunshine comes your way soon.


    Love Kimmie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will also be cheering you on!

    {hugs}

    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, for all the world to know and hear. You are an inspiration Jan, and a credit to womanhood. And how like you to see things in a positive spirit - your "Nest". Conjures up all sorts of word and mind pictures of somewhere safe and secure.

    Looking forward to hearing more about your "outside adventures" as time goes on. We're all here on the sidelines encouraging you in your journey. In fact there are many of us who are actually walking with you, in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are brave and beautiful, much more than me.

    This is a great step for bodily acceptance on your part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs from me too. Life is a journey and we all travel our own one but don't forget we are all out here supporting you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing a photo of you! A little slice of life.

    You know you have a supporter and cheer squad in me too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jan, Pat from SS Road to freedom here. Thanks for sharing so much of yourself with us. I am looking forward to being able to cheer you on in your new freedom.

    ReplyDelete