Thursday, November 17, 2011

Just a Moment

                Due to a lack of my own pics: blinks.of.life


Well things have been ramping up around here. Getting ready to go to the big smoke. I do like to take my time so I don't forget anything. I hate last minute packing, makes me anxious. The Bloke infuriates me because he opens up his bag on the morning we leave and walks around casually throwing in his clothes, and he always packs more than me.

Anyway, have had the weight of the black dog on my chest this week, but have had a couple of break through days, and today is one of them. I can smile again. And I even find myself laughing at old episodes of The Pink Panther.
The sun shines on those days and my heart is again filled with hope for the future.

Anxiety wise things have been challenging. When I think about money, travel, non-productive days, I get a real panic situation. I use the tools I know to calm myself, including deep breathing, and the accept and commit strategies with varying results.

Had a visit from my GP last week and she tells me that while I am no longer anemic I still require another iron infusion, which will happen after I get back from the trip. Hopefully then I may experience some energy increases, just in time for the festive season.

Okay, this is it. I am not procrastinating any more today. Once I log off the laptop I will finish the cushion project I am making as a gift to a family member. Then I can pick up the lap quilt I am making for another family member. Whew, I do it every year. Put enormous pressure on myself to create sewn gifts for giving.

Take care fellow blog readers. I really appreciate it when you read and when you comment, it means a lot to me.

Ciao




2 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, I'm glad to read that you are starting to have a few up moments now. I'm sure your gifts will be received beautifully, given the amount of effort you put into them.
    x

    PS: I was excited to see your blog featured on the blogging network - well done you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jan, and I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you but there has been too much on my plate these days with my thyroid issues and my husband's mother died recently.

    I am glad that you keep blogging and look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete