Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Breathing is good for you


I am a list maker. Are you? Don't quite know what the appeal is but I have done it as long as I can remember. I can recall a time when I was a teenager of writing a list of all the things I would buy and do if I won the lottery. It wasn't lotto like we have now, but you bought a ticket, something like the golden casket I think it was called, and if you won, then a lot of money came your way.
Sadly I never won anything. Of course I didn't buy a lottery ticket either, but there was no harm in dreaming.

So today it was shopping list writing day. This is where I try and come up with a weeks worth of meals that all three of us will eat. Right....that's where the problems start. The Bloke and I are similar in what we eat, so we can come up with some meal ideas easily. But the problems start when it comes to the girl. She has a very small eating repertoire and so unless it suits we find we are just two eating.

The Bloke is a great cook and he is so happy to potter around amongst the pots, pans and pantry. 

On another note, I am still not feeling the affects of the iron infusion. I had hoped to be hopping around by now, but not to be. But it still might happen. The doctor told me if the next blood test is low then I will have to repeat the procedure and that is okay with me as I just want to improve my health.

I am in the process of arranging my next months visit to the city for the sleep apnoea tests and treatment plan. Trying to find decent accommodation at an affordable price is like finding hens teeth. There is a scheme called PATS, which assists country folks who can't access medical treatment locally to attend Perth. They pay you some fuel money and $80 per night toward accommodation. As I am way past the backpacker style it is going to cost us significantly more. I need the Bloke to come with me as he is my support. I am really hoping the tests result in me being able to have a treatment plan that works for me.

 This alone will go a long way to helping me. Currently my body is not getting enough oxygen so has too much carbon dioxide. This is not a good thing. But one thing I have doing in order the help myself is learning to breath properly. Many people don't use their lungs to their full capacity. Rather they shallow breath. Anyway without sounding like an expert cos I'm not, I inhale as deeply as I can then exhale slowly, trying to take deeper breaths each time. I have notices since this that I am not as puffed and have not used my inhaler. Coincidence? I think not. So I am going to keep at it.






chat more next time, hope all is well in your life.


3 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one who compiles lists. Have done so for as long as I can remember - probably did so when I used to use a slate! Ha ha. What I love about lists is when you can tick off those items you've attended to, which gives you plenty of room to add new items to the bottom of the list. It sort of gives you a feeling of accomplishment.

    Do sincerely hope the iron kicks in soon and if a second treatment is required that it will go well. Your "positiveness" is just so inspiring Jan.

    Let's know how the menu lists work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a list maker too. I use them at work, at home and on my phone. I have several list making apps!

    It's a bummer that that iron infusion hasn't kicked in yet, I hope it does soon. Here's to good health for all huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am a list maker too! It's lovely to read that there are other like minded people out there.

    Well, I am going to cross my fingers that the iron infusion helps yet.

    I know the cost of accommodation is a real pain, but I am honestly excited for you that the sleep test is, well, a matter of "sleeps" away for you now. :-) The difference having a CPap machine has made for my brother's life and his well-being has been honestly amazing. I am so hoping that you have a similar experience.

    ReplyDelete