Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday's Show & Tell

Hey told you I would come back, did you think I was telling porky pies (lies).

The first picture is a quilt I made for my youngest daughter. It originally started out as a table runner using charm squares from a beautiful range from Lily Tueller for Moda. A real girly but tropical look fabrics. When my daughter saw it she loved the fabrics and because I had made the runner on the large size she asked me to keep on extending it to make her a quilt. No worries says I. Well on I went with two charm packs, and before long I had a fairly large top but not quite big enough to fit her queen size bed. Unfortunately the fabric was not available so I chose something similar from another of her range and I must say it blended in rather well. Of course this quilt is not some tricky design it is just squares sewn together cobbled with the long borders of a mixture of floral and dotty yardage. All in all I am pleased how it has come together and even more importantly the new owner is happy too. I used my new machine to quilt this and let me say that I am very, very happy and impressed. I quilted 1/4 inch either side of the seams. A lot of work made easier by this Trojan of a machine, like a hot knife through butter. The bed is so large compared to my Janome 5027 that I was not struggling to stuff the bulk of it through-true bliss I tell you. Apologies for the poor picture quality, we are still learning the camera.




                 I used my favourite green dot by Amy Butler to bind it


                
Well that is it for today, I am off to supervise a bit of a clean up in my sewing area. I really need a cupboard for this fabric and one with a glass door so I can look at my pretties all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment