Friday, September 17, 2010

Welcoming the warmer weather

 
I have been feeling a little under par recently. I wont bore anyone with the details, but suffice to say I am sick of feeling like this and will welcome the warmer and much more cheerful days. Life always looks brighter when the sun is out. Although I am not talking about those 35 degrees+ days.
The winter blues are a recognised syndrome you know. Yep, amazing at it sounds seasonal affective disorder is a common complaint and especially for those people living in climates that don't see much sun.
And on another note I recently had some blood tests done and it showed amongst other things that I was severely deficient in Vitamin D. The normal range is between 60-160 and mine was <20. So I was told to buy some vitamin supplements and try to get at least 10 minutes of sun a day to try to increase the levels.
Apparently many people in Australia now have this problem due to the effectivenss of the slip, slop, slap campaign.
So check out the link and if it sounds like you may have this ask the doctor for a blood test next time your there.
I have no affiliations just passing on some info. :)
I have been busy doing a few little lifestyle changes and I will talk more about that later.
I am planning a sewing week next week and then on Thursday I will be lunching with my best buddies as we celebrate the end of Ä's  chemotherapy. I am so happy she is done with that. Next step is the radiotherapy, let's hope that time goes fast and she is back home again to be with her family and friends.

Okay gotta go...

No comments:

Post a Comment