Thursday, July 15, 2010

Love the golden sun





I love the sun on these cold winter days. Looking out the window and seeing the grass so green and full of water. Colours in winter are more full don't you think?
But when the sun slips behind a cloud, oh it feels like someone has turned out the lights.
It's been a slow week for me. I am always amazed when I look up from my haze of brain fog and see that we are near the weeks end. Since I finished work in June 2008 I have had much time to sit around and do not a lot. It was great in the beggining, but after a while its just not so much fun anymore.
Of course it was great when I got into sewing and quilting, something that had alluded me for many years, despite having a good friend who sewed and quilted beautifully.
Not long after I stopped working I also had to stop driving and this of course made me feel even more isolated and confined.
If I had not been inspired to quilt I really don't know where I would be. I think that it saved my life.
We all need an interest and I have a few, but mostly I sew and read blogs and write.
What keeps you going? What drives you?

3 comments:

  1. Like you Jan, I quilt and stitch of course and I also spend a lot of time at the library just sitting in the sun reading or browsing through magazines. We are lucky that our library has a cafe in it and I am able to make a cup of coffee last a long long time now. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't worked since Sept last year and would have gone insane if I didn't have a hobby and my computer to keep in touch with family. I am so glad I am able to create things and then for a bit of brain action I started reading and writing blogs too. I always have a book on the go and many cups of tea......... Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb tried to email you but it wont work, not sure if you will even read this.

    Your library sounds great, I would love to have that here in our library and the ability to be able to get there. So glad you visit me, thank you.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete