Saturday, March 27, 2010

How & why this blog began...

Pics of Tara Frey's Blogging for Bliss book

When I resigned from my job in June 2008, I became a stay-at-home-all-the-time person. I had significant health issues that prevented me from doing anything energetic and so I developed a close and personal relationship with my laptop. Also at this time a long time friend persuaded me to try patchwork quilting. I had never been a sewer, even though I had owned 2 Janome machines. Anyway she gave me some web site addresses so I could learn more about the craft. Before long I was ordering fabric online and became obsessed with it all. The fabric was so lucious-who knew?? Then I started making stuff like table runners and before long was making small quilts and such. I was off and running, could not get enough of it all. I was learning so much and it filled my days. My other half was happy to support me, anything to keep me busy and engaged in something. Then I discovered blogs!! What an absolute delight that was. I was so in awe after looking at the pictures of quilts, families, homes, foods, landscapes. I was checking on them every day, and if they had not posted a new psot for a while felt a real loss.
Anyway, in the back of mind I thought about setting up my own blog, but was of the belief that I had nothing to write about. Then I purchased the above book by Tara Frey writer of the blog bellapink and the rest is history. I have a lot to thank her for as she really gave me the tools to do this blog. I am learning so many new skills-who would have known that eh? I am in the early stages of development yet, but look out I am gaining on them. I would love to hear what you think about it so far. Ideas welcomed. Thank you for reading.

4 comments:

  1. Your quilts looks good... Waiting on mine still :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy once the fabrics arrive I will start making your quilt, should be ready in time foe winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogging and sewing. Both can be very addicting but you will have a great time and will make some great friends through blogging.

    ReplyDelete